1) Had a look at the TedTalk by Martin Ford which summarises his book - The rise of the robots: technology and the threat of a jobless future (2016).
The book summarises the challenges NOW and proposes ways to support workers through the transition. In short:
- Jobs will be taken away
- Jobs will change – new jobs created – see Today online for similar
- jobs will become more interestin as robots remove the mundane, repetitive aspects
- Jobs will disappear – e.g. horses at the turn of 1900.
- Robotic shopping carts – or no carts at all
- Digital mirrors to visualise new outfits, lipstick, sunglasses etc,
- Prices that change by the hour – digital tags on shelves
- Technology to help you find better fitting shoes and coordinating outfits
- Robots that restock shelves and guide you to what you need