The establishment board is made up of a group of people with backgrounds / interests in the ITP and Industry training organisation (ITO) backgrounds along with representation from the Tertiary Educaiton Union (TEU) and iwi.
The Day One Deliverables have been identified and there are 10 workstreams to prepare for the April 1st 2020 launch date of the new entity.
Plans include those required to ensure the NZIST is up and running at the planned date:
- selection of a Chief Executive
- establishment of implementation plan
- transitioning ITPs into subsidiaries
- Day one operational requirements --- etc.
Seven workstreams have been formed to work through the complexities of the merger. These are:
- student journey ma[
- employer and community engagement model
- education products and services
- work-based learning development
- new academic architecture
- online delivery model
- international education